STAR RIDERS MAILING LIST
Last revision : 24th October 2000
- to be able to join, your application has to be approved by the list moderators, who reserve the right to deny membership
- IMPORTANT -- in order to cover myself legally, there is now a minimum age of 18 to join the list. I am not and will not be held responsible for underage persons possibly viewing content that may not be deemed suitable. By subscribing to the list you declare that you are aged 18 years or over
- IMPORTANT 2 -- although the age minimum is 18 we ask that you keep any detailed/explicit discussion of adult topics offlist (this could include, but not be restricted to, discussion of NC-17 and above fanfic), although you may post website URLs with a suitable description and rating
- IMPORTANT 3 -- the "no dissing celebrities" rule. Please respect the privacy of the celebrities we discuss. Please do not post anything that could be construed as gossip, or would be offensive to the celebrity in question, their family, friends, agent, etc. Be aware that anything you write is in the public domain, since anyone can join the list, and could potentially come to the attention of people connected with the celebrity in question
- please do not post fanfic to the list, any fanfic that is published on the Star Riders website is firstly read and approved by the site owner. Also refer to IMPORTANT 2 (above). This isn't a fiction list, if you do need feedback/beta readers etc. you are encouraged to join an appropriate fiction mailing list
- please do not post any kind of personal information to the list, such as real names, addresses, telephone numbers and the like
- the list is for members to be updated about happenings at Star Riders, and also for discussions about B5, Crusade, John Vickery, general SF etc.
- we will absolutely not tolerate the following :
- deliberate rudeness, provocation, or any other form of antisocial behaviour ; if you want to do that, go and play in UseNet!
- rudeness about celebrities - see IMPORTANT 3 above
- spamming the list - please, no mass emails, offers to make money, adverts, chain letters (especially those that say you will have bad luck if you don't pass it on, yeah right :-P), virus "alert" hoaxes and anything else in this vein
- allowing someone else to use your account and mail to the list - if they want to join, they can, otherwise please don't let anyone else use your account
- please don't include the list in the To field of emails that are being sent to other people too. This especially applies to things like humourous mails, which people happily pass on, until eventually it reaches someone who cackles with glee at the HUGE list of addresses for their spam. If you want to share something, that's fine, just please either BCC us or forward to the list separately. Same applies if you get something off the list - take the address off before you forward it !
- please do feel free to discuss any reasonable (see next item) topic, for example Babylon 5, web design, science fiction, holidays, your pet fish ! Announcing updates to your site is fine too
- please be aware that some people's mail programs can't handle fancy formatting, and try to use plain text emails wherever possible. Also please don't attempt to send attachments through the list -- the list is set to reject attachments. The shared files area of the list is the ideal place to post things like convention photos
- be assured we will keep your email address absolutely private. No-one else on the list can see any other list member's details, except the two list moderators
- we will not pass your email address on to anyone; the only way others will know your address is if you post to the list. Again, if you use the email addresses of list members for sending unsolicited emails (definition - nuisance mail !) we will boot you off the list for good. Spamming is not nice !
| main index |