John played Prince Hal in Henry IV Part I (Shakespeare) from August-September 1981, at the Delacorte Theatre, Central Park as part of the New York City (NYC) Shakespeare Festival.
- He Loathes Violence But Loves a Good Fight. NY Times, 9th Aug 1981. Fascinating interview with fight choreographer B.H. Barry.
- Splendid 'Henry IV' at Shakespeare in the Park. AP, 20th Aug 1981.
- 'Henry IV, Part 1,' in the Park. NY Times, 21st Aug 1981. Includes a cast list that reads like a "who's who" of Hollywood today: Mandy Patinkin, Val Kilmer, Kevin Spacey, and John Goodman.
- A Blaze of Lancastrian Glory in Central Park: 'Henry IV, Part 1.' Christian Science Monitor, 25th Aug 1981.
- How to Become a Madcap Prince. NY Times, 28th Aug 1981. Interview with John Vickery.
- Praise the Actor Who Takes Command. NY Times, 3rd Sep 1981. Frank Rich extols the virtues of the young John Vickery.
- Royal Destiny. Newsweek, 7th Sep 1981. Written on the occasion of Prince Charles' 1981 visit to the US. (He was in here to honor the 200th anniversary of the colonial victory at Yorktown, hehehe.)
Found us outside frames ? Click to load contents frame
off broadway | theatre | main